Group O is searching for a Shipping and Receiving Supervisor to join our team! The Shipping & Receiving Supervisor role is responsible to supervise the shipping and receiving areas to ensure the processing of shipping and receiving activities to ensure receiving and shipping results achieve to client SLAs.
· Provide leadership and direction to the team to deliver and execute shipping and receiving outcomes and meet safety, quality, production, financial and customer goals as defined by the client requirements and business objectives.
· Maintain a safe, clean and orderly work area.
· Inspect product to ensure adherence to customer specifications.
· Ensure orders are checked for content and labeling. Note any discrepancies.
· Develop a team environment and promote a positive attitude within department.
· Employee development to include evaluations and co-coordinating their training.
· Demonstrate safety procedures and safe equipment operation to new employees.
· Confer with management, peers or subordinates to resolve employee issues.
· Use resources effectively.
· Suggest modifications to established procedures and improve quality to reduce cost.
· Track shipments to ensure on time delivery is met
· Analyze process data and work on continuous improvements
· Identify cost savings opportunities for the customer
· Perform miscellaneous duties as assigned.
o High School Diploma
o Ability to lift 50 lbs.
o Ability to work on your feet all day.
o Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
o Proficient in MS Office software (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.)
o Leadership and effective team-building skills.
o Relates well with employees and supervisors.
o 1 year experience in warehouse processes, shipping, and receiving
o Minimum 1-year experience supervising and/or developing others